2014-12-17: Not alive anymore, priorities shifted, proof of concept did work quite well for the site we launched it with though :D
I’ve been working off and on with this CMS project. I’ve now gotten it to a stage where it actually does something.
It creates sites :)
To mark this milestone, I’ve put the site back up at
magnitudecms.com and I’ve also moved the git repo into its own account on GitHub.
MagnitudeCMS is my answer to my need of a simple tool to assemble lots of websites with out having to think about all the infrastructre parts. With Joomla to create a new site I’d have to create a directory, configure webserver, setup mysql users/databases.
Now with MagnitudeCMS all I do is configure the DNS records to point at the IP of the server running the app. Type the address in the browser and presto website ready to be themed and content added.
Having used DataMapper for a while now on this project, I’m starting to see the complexity I’ve created. By using MySQL for storing the data required in a relational format, it is taking too long to update the data (the admin back end hasn’t been completed yet).
Not much to see yet – however I am assured that this is the place to be stopping by whilst enjoying next seasons snow sports. Want to know the best runs on the mountain. Just want hook up with a mate after a day on the slopes. SmokehutApp will take care of the details.
Register your details on the site to stay informed. site appears to be offline
I just spent two hours stuffing around because dm-validations said my BigDecimal wasn’t valid due to it not being a number. Continue reading
UPDATED: See this page instead – Start A New Merb (Stack) Project
Merb 1.0 is almost here and I’ve finally got it to work out of the box!